DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Commodore 64 (1986)
Ardok the Barbarian is the US release of Asterix and the Magic Cauldron. Since the comic character Asterix is mainly...
Wii U (2017)
Nintendo Switch (2017)
SNES (1993), Genesis (1994), Neo Geo (1992), TurboGrafx CD (1994), PSP (2010), Neo Geo CD (1994), PlayStation 3 (2010), Wii (2007), PS Vita (2012), PlayStation 4 (2017), Xbox One (2017) and Arcade (1992)
Yuri Sakazaki has been kidnapped! Her big brother Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia, his best friend, go search for her...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
This is a compilation of the three games in the Art of Fighting series:Art of Fighting Art of Fighting 2...
It all started when an prison inmate named Joe Yabuki got into a fight with his rival and former boxing...
Assault On Planet Equidon is the winner of Gamedev.net's sixth edition of the annual Four Elements contest. It is a...
Astraia is a 3rd-person one-on-one Japanese fighting game with mechs. It offers deadly duels between big robots. One of them...
Astral Bout is the 'precursor' of the mixed martial arts tournament, where fighters from different styles fight their way against...
FM Towns (1994)
Asuka 120% Excellent BURNING Fest. is a 2D versus fighting game. It is a remake of Asuka 120% BURNING Fest....
SEGA Saturn (1997)
The girls of Ryōran School for Young Women are back for their first and only official release on the SEGA...
TurboGrafx CD (1995)
Ryoran Girls' Private Academy is a high-quality school, which specializes in arts and sciences, but also in martial arts. Each...
Asura Blade: Sword of Dynasty is a one-on-one fighting game set in a post-apocalyptic world where fantasy and sci-fi technology...
Asura Buster: Eternal Warriors is a one-on-one fighting game and the sequel to Asura Blade. It offers essentially the same...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction