DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed is a party game for up to four players using the multitap accessory.The game has...
Arabian Nights is similar to Prince of Persia 3D, combining action with adventure elements in 3D. Each of its 7...
This compilation pack includes three classic Capcom games:CabalSide ArmsStreet Fighter
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Long, long ago, our world and the Elemental world existed as one, but for reasons unknown, they were separated, and...
Commodore 64 (1986)
Ardok the Barbarian is the US release of Asterix and the Magic Cauldron. Since the comic character Asterix is mainly...
Wii U (2017)
Nintendo Switch (2017)
SNES (1993), Genesis (1994), Neo Geo (1992), TurboGrafx CD (1994), PSP (2010), Neo Geo CD (1994), PlayStation 3 (2010), Wii (2007), PS Vita (2012), Windows Apps (2017), PlayStation 4 (2017), Xbox One (2017), Arcade (1992) and Nintendo Switch (2017)
Yuri Sakazaki has been kidnapped! Her big brother Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia, his best friend, go search for her...
Linux (2016), Windows (2016), SNES (1994), Neo Geo (1994), Neo Geo CD (1994), Macintosh (2016), Wii (2008), Browser (2016), PlayStation 4 (2017), Xbox One (2017), Arcade (1994) and Nintendo Switch (2018)
In this sequel to the original Art of Fighting, and prequel to the original Fatal Fury, we learn that Mr....
It all started when an prison inmate named Joe Yabuki got into a fight with his rival and former boxing...
Assault On Planet Equidon is the winner of Gamedev.net's sixth edition of the annual Four Elements contest. It is a...
Game Boy Advance (2004)
Astérix & Obélix XXL on the Game Boy Advance features the same story as its console/PC counterpart, but presents the...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
- 4.35 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction