DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Game Boy Advance (2002)
Dual Blades is a side-scrolling fighting game which takes place in 150 B.C amid the Hun Empire. The worlds greatest...
Nintendo 64 (1997)
Battle to be the ultimate hero against as one of eight fighters, each with unique fighting style.Train a robot with...
Duels is an online fantasy strategy game that combines the character building and advancement of RPGs and adds the strategic...
SEGA Saturn (1997)
D-Xhird is 3D arcade, weapon-based 1vs 1 fighting game, similar to Battle Arena Toshinden (1 character from Battle Arena Toshinden,...
Dynasty Warriors is a 3D fighting action game steeped in traditional Chinese history and mythology, its characters being warriors from...
PlayStation 2 (2000)
Play as one of nine generals in this action packed 3D fighting, combat strategy and simulation game based in the...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends is a stand-alone expansion to Dynasty Warriors 3. In both games, you take control of...
PlayStation 3 (2013)
Nintendo DS (2007)
In the Three Kingdoms era of ancient China, three new commanders step forward to unify of the land under their...
PS Vita (2012)
In the 22nd century, a powerful magnetic wave obliterated half of Eurasia. Anarchy ensued, the traditional system of government was...
This Japan only re-release of Ehrgeiz was part of the Square Millennium Collection, a collection of Square games packaged in...
Electronic Popple is an action/puzzle game. Play as MIN or MAX, two chips who must journey through six levels of...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
- 4.35 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction