DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Nintendo 64 (1999)
The sequel to Fighters Destiny (the title now without the s in 'Fighters') has you again taking your created fighter...
Fighter Maker is a 3D fighting game that comes with three different modes. Normal mode lets the player fight in...
Nintendo 64 (1998)
Take a collection of fist-fighters, wrestlers and martial arts experts, and combine them into one tournament. But instead of relying...
Xbox 360 (2010)
Fighters Uncaged is the first foray into fighting games for the Xbox 360's Kinect peripheral, and was a launch title...
Xbox One (2013)
Fighter Within is a 3D one-on-one fighting game where the fighters are controlled through the player's movement captured through the...
Fight for Life is a 3D fighting game that takes place in hell. The player controls one of eight deceased...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Fighting Angels is a story-less 3D fighting game featuring an all-female cast. The game is a 1-on-1 fighting game with...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Mao Ran may look like an average teenage girl at first blush, but she is in fact a master of...
PlayStation 2 (2000)
Fighting Fury is a one on one fighting game, based on the Grappler Baki Anime. The 'Fighting Fury' tournament is...
Fighting Legends Online is an MMO/ Real-Time Strategy game with role playing elements set in a kung fu anime style.A...
A giant red sun is about to go supernova in a few hours and the blast will affect many star...
Fighting Road is a one-on-one fighting game in which you take the role of a nameless martial artist out to...
Fight'n Jokes tells the adventures of Jokes, a group of fighters who combat to free their planet from an evil...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction