DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
A sequel to Colosseum: Road to Freedom. You once again begin your journey as a gladiator. Your best chance at...
The Gladiator is a 2D side-scrolling beat 'em-up game that puts players in the shoes of either Chu Xing Han,...
Kaiser Knuckle is a 2D versus fighting game where you participate in a tournament with nine different fighters to choose...
PlayStation 3 (2010)
The God of War Trilogy is a compilation consisting of: God of War Collection God of War III So the...
TurboGrafx CD (1993)
This interpretation of the famous giant monster from the Japanese cinematic industry takes form of a fighting game, only instead...
Game Boy Advance (2002)
6 of the biggest, baddest, meanest monsters on the planet are ready for battle in this isometric pocket fighter based...
Game Gear (1995)
Godzilla: Kaijuu no Daishingeki is a turn based strategy game, with some arcade elements. A player can play as Godzilla...
In the year 2XXX A.D., Earth is under attack from the aliens of Planet X. Armed with monsters of terrible...
SEGA Saturn (1997)
Goiken Muyou: Anarchy in the Nippon is a 3D fighting game in the vein of Virtua Fighter (it must be...
In Gotcha Force, up to 4 players can use robots to unleash powerful attacks and projectile weapons along with jumping...
In the land of Vermencia, all creatures lived together peacefully. The two human reigns of Canaban and Serdin had a...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction