DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
WonderSwan Color (2001)
In 22th century, scientists found a way to create artificial beings whom they called "gears". These gears were very powerful,...
PlayStation 2 (2001)
Guilty Gear X Plus is an enhanced edition of Guilty Gear X. This "Plus" edition adds Kliff and Justice from...
This game is the follow-up to Gundam: The Battle Master. Heero Yuy, the pilot of a Mobile Suit Wing Gundam...
Gundam Battle Assault 2 is an one-on-one fighting game, based on the popular anime series "Mobile Suit Gundam" and its...
Gundam: the Battle Master is a Japanese fighting game involving robots who will try to attack and destroy each other....
GunMaster is a beat 'em up game consisting of fourteen stages where the objective is to defeat one or two...
Gunner 2 is a war game with well known rules: "Shoot'em all to win!". Enemies will try to destroy your...
Hana no Keiji: Kumo no Kanata ni is a weapon-based versus fighting game based on the manga of the same...
Hat Trick Hero 2 is the follow up to Hat Trick Hero, and it is loosely based on the arcade...
Hayate: The Battle is set in the same universe and features the characters from Jikū Sōsakan: Hayate.Unlike its predecessor, it...
Game Gear (1991)
Head Buster is a so-called ”future sports” game about robots. On a top-down, horizontally scrolling playfield, armed robots are moved...
Heart of the Dragon is a beat-em-up game with and exploration section where you wander around the map collection magical...
PlayStation 3 (2007)
Nariko is a young woman whose clan has sworn to protect a legendary hero's weapon (called the Heavenly Sword) from...
Based on the Heavy Metal world created by Kevin Eastman and Simon Bisley, this fighting title allows you to take...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction