DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
It all started when an prison inmate named Joe Yabuki got into a fight with his rival and former boxing...
Assault On Planet Equidon is the winner of Gamedev.net's sixth edition of the annual Four Elements contest. It is a...
Asterix is a 2D beat'em up game, based on the comic book series of Asterix. The player chooses one of...
Game Boy Color (2000)
Asterix and Obelix (based on the French comic book series), must embark on a journey from the forests of France...
Astraia is a 3rd-person one-on-one Japanese fighting game with mechs. It offers deadly duels between big robots. One of them...
Astral Bout is the 'precursor' of the mixed martial arts tournament, where fighters from different styles fight their way against...
SEGA Saturn (1997)
The girls of Ryōran School for Young Women are back for their first and only official release on the SEGA...
TurboGrafx CD (1995)
Ryoran Girls' Private Academy is a high-quality school, which specializes in arts and sciences, but also in martial arts. Each...
Asura Blade: Sword of Dynasty is a one-on-one fighting game set in a post-apocalyptic world where fantasy and sci-fi technology...
Asura Buster: Eternal Warriors is a one-on-one fighting game and the sequel to Asura Blade. It offers essentially the same...
Avalanche is an unofficial sequel to Final Fantasy VII with a twist on the gameplay mechanics. Instead of an action-focused...
Game Boy Advance (2007)
Based on the Avatar show, The Burning Earth follows Aang and his friends as they travel to the last remaining...
Avengers is a 2D top-down beat'em up. The main villain, "Geshita", has captured 6 girls, and the player's character must...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction