DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Avalanche is an unofficial sequel to Final Fantasy VII with a twist on the gameplay mechanics. Instead of an action-focused...
Game Boy Advance (2007)
Based on the Avatar show, The Burning Earth follows Aang and his friends as they travel to the last remaining...
Avengers is a 2D top-down beat'em up. The main villain, "Geshita", has captured 6 girls, and the player's character must...
Avengers in Galactic Storm is a fighting game featuring characters from the Marvel universe, principally the Avengers but also the...
Nintendo DS (2010)
PlayStation 2 (2006)
This is a compilation of the two games in the Last Blade series: The Last Blade The Last Blade 2:...
Ballz: The Director's Cut is an improved version of the Genesis and SNES game Ballz 3D: Fighting at its Ballziest....
While Moon Patrol had the player jumping over craters and shooting UFOs in a lunar buggy, this game differs in...
In an adaptation certainly not endorsed by PBS, this game puts the player in the shoes of a sociopathic Beavis...
In the 24th century, the game of Baseball is very different. Tired of paying huge players salaries, the team owners...
Battle Arena NiToshinden is a spin off of the main Toshinden series. Set in a high school, NiToshinden is, like...
Game Boy (1996)
The Game Boy version of Battle Arena Toshinden is a 2D versus fighting game, instead of 3D. The game features...
Battle Arena Toshinden 2 plus is an updated version of Battle Arena Toshinden 2 for the game's re-release on Japan's...
Battle Arena Toshinden 3 is the he third instalment of the Toshinden series.After the defeat of the Secret Society in...
SEGA Saturn (1995)
Toshinden Remix or Toshinden S as it was called in Japan is a port of Takara's Playstation fighting game Battle...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction