DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
FM Towns (1994)
Asuka 120% Excellent BURNING Fest. is a 2D versus fighting game. It is essentially an upgrade of Asuka 120% BURNING...
SEGA Saturn (1997)
The girls of Ryōran School for Young Women are back for their first and only official release on the SEGA...
TurboGrafx CD (1995)
Ryoran Girls' Private Academy is a high-quality school, which specializes in arts and sciences, but also in martial arts. Each...
Asura Blade: Sword of Dynasty is a one-on-one fighting game set in a post-apocalyptic world where fantasy and sci-fi technology...
Asura Buster: Eternal Warriors is a one-on-one fighting game and the sequel to Asura Blade. It offers essentially the same...
Avalanche is an unofficial sequel to Final Fantasy VII with a twist on the gameplay mechanics. Instead of an action-focused...
Game Boy Advance (2007)
Based on the Avatar show, The Burning Earth follows Aang and his friends as they travel to the last remaining...
Avengers is a 2D top-down beat'em up. The main villain, "Geshita", has captured 6 girls, and the player's character must...
Avengers in Galactic Storm is a fighting game featuring characters from the Marvel universe, principally the Avengers but also the...
Nintendo DS (2010)
PlayStation 2 (2006)
This is a compilation of the two games in the Last Blade series: The Last Blade The Last Blade 2:...
Ballz: The Director's Cut is an improved version of the Genesis and SNES game Ballz 3D: Fighting at its Ballziest....
While Moon Patrol had the player jumping over craters and shooting UFOs in a lunar buggy, this game differs in...
In an adaptation certainly not endorsed by PBS, this game puts the player in the shoes of a sociopathic Beavis...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction