DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Climax Heroes W is an updated release of Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes released to tie in with the then-recent premiere...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Atari 2600 (1982)
Karate is a fighting game for two players or one player against the computer. Your goal is to earn a...
Karate Blazers is a beat-em-up where four disciples are out to avenge their masters death, retrieve some stolen scrolls and...
Commodore 64 (1987)
To become a master you must enter the Dragon Temple and defeat various fighters spread over nine levels. You enter...
Based on the 1986 John G. Avildsen film, The Karate Kid 2. The Karate Kid is a beat'em up game...
This game can be purely considered the 'illegal' predecessor of Super Smash Bros., since it's, ironically, Street Fighter II with...
On the tiny island of Kasumi, there exists a portal between this world and the Netherworld. For many centuries, this...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Dream Hyper Battle! is a 3D fighting game based on the anime Reborn!, and developed by the...
Nintendo DS (2010)
Katekyō Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX – Kessen! Shin 6 Chouka is a 2-D fighting game for the Nintendo...
Josephine is a teenage girl who is currently attending Honest Osaki's Kendo School and Used Car Sales to learn Kendo...
Ken-Go is an arcade 2D side-scrolling beat-em up - the game is set in a time when Ninjas and Samurai...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Kengo 3 is a 3D fighting game with some Role Playing influences. In the game you learn to master "The...
Xbox 360 (2007)
In Kengo: Legend of the 9, the player can play as one of nine real famous samurai's from Japan's history....
PlayStation 2 (2000)
Kengo: Master of Bushido is a Fighting game in which you try to master "The Way of the Warrior" (Bushido)....
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction