DescriptionPlayfield is technically two-dimensional, but drawn using an axonometric projection, so as to look three-dimensional. Movement input is usually diagonally-biased to match the player's orientation (as opposed to straight up/down/left/right movement, which matches the game avatar's orientation).
While the perspective term has traditionally been labeled isometric, in typical use it includes isometric (e.g. Knight Lore, the Immortal), dimetric (e.g. SimCity 2000, Diablo), and trimetric (eg. Fallout/Fallout 2, SimCity 3) projections.
Farscape: The Game is an action game based upon the Sci-Fi TV show. You can direct a team of three...
Neo Geo Pocket Color (1999)
Faselei! is one of the last titles to be released for the Neo Geo Pocket Color and even features digitised...
Fast Food Tycoon is a pizza restaurant simulation. Like other games of its type the objective is to transform the...
Build your own pizza empire. Choose a city, buy a site for your pizzeria, furnish it, design your pizzas by...
Commodore 64 (1986)
Fast Tracks: The Computer Slot Car Construction Kit is viewed from a forced overhead perspective, and loosely recreates slot car...
Once the Earth was inhabited by gods. But as the human race came into the world, the gods decided to...
This installment of Fengse Huanxiang (Wind Fantasy) series is connected plot-wise to its predecessor, and is set in the same...
Long time ago, the humans have discovered the secrets of nature. They have built a powerful civilization with advanced technology....
In Feuerwache: Mission - Leben retten the player takes control over a firefighter department. In the eight missions he has...
The J2ME version of FIFA 2006 adapts the game to an isometric version, similar to the pre-FIFA 97 releases. Although...
Game Boy Color (1999)
The FIFA series receives its only entry on the Game Boy Color with FIFA 2000. The game is very similar...
Game Boy (1997)
The 98 edition of the FIFA series for the Game Boy differs very little from its immediate predecessor by the...
The J2ME adaptation of EA's yearly football game offers four game modes: Friendly, Tournament, Practice and Shoot out. No local...
After the first game proved to be a worldwide success, EA developed this sequel exclusively for Sega's 16-bit console. The...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Head Over Heels
- 93 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- 93 The Sims: Deluxe Edition
- 93 Sid Meier's Civilization II
- 93 Knight Lore
- 93 Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- 92 Sid Meier's Civilization IV
- 92 Sid Meier's Civilization II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Populous
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 5.00 Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles (2006)
- 4.75 Tropico: Mucho Macho Edition (2002)
- 4.75 Baldur's Gate (Gold Edition) (1998)
- 4.78 Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII (2002)
- 4.68 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.67 Arc the Lad Collection (2002)
- 4.60 Fallout: Trilogy (2008)
- 4.60 Heroes of Might and Magic (Platinum Edition) (2002)
- 4.60 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (Gold Edition) (2005)
- 4.57 Ultima I-VI Series (1992)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.