DescriptionDenotes any game that takes place in a constantly-running environment, even when the player is not actively playing the game. Attributes of such an environment include other players actively playing the game, game-created characters interacting with the environment or other players, etc. such that, when gameplay resumes for a particular user, the environment has changed from when the user last interacted with the environment.
Since most persistent universe games are played on remote servers, an internet connection is usually required to play them to perform updates to the game world.
As the name suggests, Fantasy Tennis is another screen adaption of the world-famous ball sport, but this time designed for...
Fantasyworld Hero is an online roleplaying game that can be played on Facebook. In the game players control a hero...
Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn is a mobile MMO (massively multiplayer online) game. This role-playing game allows to create one of four...
This starter pack was released in an attempt to allow more players to try playing FFXI. Due to its minimal...
Final Fantasy XIV Online, like its predecessor Final Fantasy XI, is a MMORPG. Upon subscribing, a player can create a...
Flyff is a fantasy MMORPG set in the lands of Roika where all characters can move about by flying. Shade,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 92 World of Warcraft
- 91 World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- 91 World of Warcraft
- 90 World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- 90 Guild Wars 2
- 89 Guild Wars
- 88 World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
- 88 World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- 87 World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
- 87 EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark
Games must have at least a MobyRank of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 5.00 EVE Online (Special Edition) (2009)
- 5.00 EverQuest Combo (2000)
- 5.00 EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath (2005)
- 5.00 EverQuest: Evolution (2003)
- 5.00 EverQuest II: Echoes of Faydwer (2006)
- 5.00 EverQuest II: Rise of Kunark (2007)
- 5.00 EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers (2003)
- 5.00 EverQuest: The Buried Sea (2007)
- 5.00 EverQuest: Titanium Edition (2006)
- 5.00 Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time (2009)
Games must have at least 1 votes and a MobyScore of 4.0 to be considered.
Persistent Universe is part of Themes. This group of genres contain:
- Anime / Manga
- Board / Party Game
- Cards / Tiles
- Cyberpunk / Dark Sci-Fi
- Detective / Mystery
- Game Show
- Historical Battle (specific/exact)
- Interactive Fiction
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics
- Interactive Movie
- Martial Arts
- Meditative / Zen
- Mental training
- Paddle / Pong
- Persistent Universe
- Rhythm / Music
- Sci-Fi / Futuristic
- Spy / Espionage
- Survival Horror
- Video Backdrop
- Visual Novel