DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Game Boy Color (1999)
Choose from eleven tough and rugged Caterpillar machines including tractors, backhoes, and bulldozers. Dig ditches, move boulders, and perform daring...
Based on the original Dr. Seuss book (not the movie), this adventure game lets young players control the Cat in...
Cat Pöke is a short game written for the TIGSource "A Game By Its Cover" competition, based on fake carts...
Cave Dig 3 is an arcade puzzle game for Macintosh. It features more than 50 levels, 2 boss battles, 256...
Everything was fine in the fantasy country Dwarfia - until two magicians were bored and competed their magic abilities. Unfortunately...
In this Boulder Dash clone, caveman Fred needs to collect coins in an underground maze. There are then levels and...
Caverns of Khron is a non-scrolling puzzle-action platformer. The player can jump, throw throwing stars, and hit enemies, objects, and...
Caverns of Kroz is a continuation of Kingdom of Kroz, and the third game in the original Kroz trilogy. The...
You steer a spaceship trapped on the moon Mimas and need to find your way to the exit of each...
Cave Runner is a single player Boulder Dash type of gameThe player characters digs through dirt and has to collect...
Nintendo 3DS (2012)
Cave Story is a re-release of the original Cave Story and meant to replace the 2010 DSi version. As technical...
The WiiWare version of Cave Story is an updated version of the original game. The visuals have been updated to...
Nintendo Switch (2017)
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
Cave Story 3D is an enhanced remake of Cave Story and the first version for the 3DS platform. The most...
TRS-80 CoCo (1986)
The sequel to Downland, Cave Walker more than doubled the number of playable levels. Also new is a practice mode...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.77 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction