DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
At the end of The Chaos Engine you managed to put a stop to Baron Fortesque's out of control machine,...
Charlaine Harris: Dying For Daylight is a single player adventure game that combines both point and click puzzle solving with...
Nintendo 64 (1999)
Charlie Blast is a construction worker, but quite different than his more famous colleague. Charlie has a convincing beer belly,...
Charlie Foxtrot and the Galaxy of Tomorrow is a freeware AGS adventure set in space, following the legacy of the...
Charlotte's Web: Wilbur and Friends is a game based on the children's movie Charlotte's Web. In comparison to the handheld...
Charly is a Soko-Ban variant. In each top-down level, the player has to push crates on especially marked fields. However,...
Charmed is a single player colour tile matching game. In this game the player is presented with a 4x4 grid...
Charm Tale is an inlay puzzle game. The game relies heavily on the hand-drawn artwork that comprises all the backgrounds...
The Charnel House Trilogy is a trio of games which comprise a continuous story. They are point-and-click adventure games, set...
Atari 2600 (1983)
Released as part of a promotional campaign for Purina Dog Chow, Chase the Chuck Wagon puts players in control of...
Cheat Mine is a single player Minesweeper clone. It is played entirely with the mouse and has four difficulty settings,...
Atari ST (1993)
Checker is a puzzle game in which the floors of a skyscraper have to be cleaned of mystical stones. With...
Nintendo DS (2007)
This game is an adventure/ mystery game with little musical rhythm game twist. The Cheetah Girls follows the Galleria, Chanel,...
Chess Housers is a puzzle game from Spain. The player guides a disembodied glove with the ARROW keys through a...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 World of Goo
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 World of Goo
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.88 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction