DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Angela, a Hollywood-based detective, is hired by one of the movie studios to investigate the disappearance of a famous actress,...
Commodore 64 (1986)
In this mystery, players control Inspector Snide of Scotland Yard who has been sent to MacFungus Mansion to investigate the...
Atari ST (1990)
Detonator is a memory game written in STOS. A bomb has been discovered aboard your vehicle and it has a...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Detonator is a puzzle game in which the player must destroy buildings with dynamite. It has three game modes:The Main...
This collection includes the first two Deus Ex games: Deus Ex Deus Ex: Invisible War
Devil's Tuning Fork is a student project from the DePaul University in Chicago (USA) and it is a first-person exploration...
Dewy's Adventure is a game by the same team behind Elebits. Players control the young water droplet Dewy in his...
In the year 3000, an evil mastermind has released a plague of alien insects upon our galaxy. If Dex Hamilton,...
Game Boy (1990)
Dexterity is a puzzle game with a 7x8 grid, each one filled with a tile or another item. The goal...
In Dexter's Laboratory: Science Ain't Fair, Dee Dee has gotten into her brother's lab (again!), but this time she has...
Dharma Dōjō is a puzzle game starring a monk (player 1) and a shrine maiden (player 2) who must knock...
ZX Spectrum (1988)
Diablo! is a single player, science fiction, text adventure. It was released in two forms within the same package, one...
A diabolikal legion of infernal imps are invading a 12x12 grid gameboard in staggered waves. The player is in charge...
Ten years down the line, this strategy game of demonic dominoes is remade with new, cuter graphics for a touch-screen...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.77 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction