DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
ZX Spectrum (1990)
An unofficial variation of the game Sabre Wulf, with the same maze, very similar enemies, and analogous bonuses, plus absolutely...
In Doppelgänger you need to help Frank Blank to remember. The game is a singleplayer arcade version of the Memory....
This Dora-compilation contains the following three games: Dora the Explorer: Animal Adventures Dora the Explorer: Backpack Adventure Dora the Explorer:...
Game Boy Advance (2004)
Dora the Explorer: Super Star Adventures is small arcade game, based on the animated television series for young children.The main...
Dora the Explorer is a very young Latina who speaks English peppered with Spanish words. She stars in an animated...
This tile-flipping puzzle game is a forerunner to the author's later creation, Quadromania. The 10x10 game board is made up...
A falling block puzzle game in a pseudo-medieval fantasy setting that pits two characters against each other in an abstract...
Basically a Flash version of the game Squares or Dots and Boxes, Dots sees the player trying to make boxes...
Based on a pen and paper game often called Squares, your objective in Dotso is to create squares by completing...
Double Cross is a puzzle-solving game for two players. The aim is to build a solid bridge from one side...
Amstrad CPC (1987)
The Black Fountain and Sharpe's Deeds are two graphic text adventures that were only released as part of this compilation....
ZX Spectrum (1986)
Entries in the Double Play series each contain two adventure games written with the QUILL system. In this case the...
Atari ST (1990)
Douglas Rockmoor is a Boulder Dash clone. You control Douglas Rockmoor and have to dig through caves and collect diamonds...
Atari ST (1991)
Douglas Rockmoor 2 is a Boulder Dash clone and sequel to Douglas Rockmoor. Once again you control Douglas Rockmoor and...
SEGA Saturn (1998)
In this game, you play the role of a high-school student (whom you can name as you like). A bus...
Downfall is an independent point-and-click adventure game with a distinct horror theme. When the couple Joe and Ivy Davis seeks...
Down in the Dumps is a graphical adventure game in which the player takes control of the family Blub. In...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
- 95 The Orange Box
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction