DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
Dream Trigger 3D is not an easy game to define. It's one part shmup and one part puzzle game, with...
Game Boy (1992)
Franky, one of the many creations of Dr Von Frankenbone, has awoken to find his love, Bitsy, has vanished. Discovering...
Drip is a single player, keyboard controlled, shareware game for one or two players.Drip is a cool drop and he's...
Paleontologist Dr. Abraham Lutz wants to find out why the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. His colleague Dr....
Nintendo 64 (2001)
What does Mario do in his spare time? Kill viruses of course. Dr. Mario 64 continues the Tetris style gameplay...
At its core, the Dr. Mario setting and gameplay is unchanged from previous releases. Germs of three colors fill the...
Commodore 64 (1986)
An Environmental Defence Warden computer or EDWARD for short is on red alert mode after a electrical storm damaged the...
Drop 2! is a Tetris-like, falling block game where coloured drops/blocks/marbles fall from the top of the screen and the...
A compilation of the original Drop! and Drop! 2. Also includes Penguin Puzzle and Challenge Letters as bonus games.
Nintendo DS (2008)
Dropcast is a puzzle game that combines elements of Collapse! and Tetris. The game is played with the DS held...
Drop-Drop is a puzzle arcade game, probably inspired by Tetris and Columns.There is a rectangular playfield. Various blocks appear slowly...
Atari 8-bit (1993)
Drop It! is a 3D Tetris variant. The player can rotate the blocks in 3D in order to fit them...
The story behind Drowned God takes place under the notion that the human race was genetically engineered by god-like aliens...
Commodore 64 (1983)
Dr. Pimple's Dog is a single screen game viewed from above and after a name mix-up (you're a nine stone...
In Druid Quest the player controls a druid that can only move in four directions and can't stop moving until...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 World of Goo
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 World of Goo
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.88 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction