DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
ZX Spectrum (1987)
Erik: the Phantom of the Opera, the game's plot, is partially based on 1909's Gaston Leroux's novel Le Fantôme de...
Aristocratic playboy, Reggie Rich, has unfortunately crashed his helicopter on a mysterious island. Stranded miles away from his luxury yacht,...
Atari ST (1992)
In the reign of King Louis VI, in the second medieval age, many thousands of years from now the king...
Loosely based around the Gibson Games board-game, you are in control of a team of 4 POWs – a Brit,...
A small adventure game written in the script language used for the Amiga's standard software installation program, hence masquerading as...
Amateur made, shareware imitation of Monkey Island 2 / Simon the Sorceror. But don't let that put you off -...
A woman is enjoying her vacation trip aboard a cruise ship, when suddenly the boat hits a coral reef and...
Escape from Ragor is a fantasy role playing game. Explore the walls of Ragor and find an exit. Use items...
Escape the House is a brief first-person adventure game in which the player is trapped inside of a house, having...
The Collector's Edition of Escape the Lost Kingdom is promoted as being the first casual game with 3D effects through...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.77 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction