DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
A mythical creature called a Wumpus is sleeping somewhere in a series of maze-like caves, and your goal is to...
An adaptation of the graphical TI-99/4A version of this traditionally textmode game of exploration, this conversion puts the player in...
Hup-choo is an edutainment game about gorps - small humanlike creatures. They've been infected by a sneezing spell, and you...
Commodore 64 (1987)
Hyper Blob is set on the planet Cubos on which the player works a tourist guide. Unfortunately he has to...
Nintendo 64 (1999)
Aliens are trying to take over the US by eventually replacing the President with a clone. To do this, they...
Hydacorn is a timed puzzle-board game. The screen is divided into three windows. First one is a working window, the...
Atari 8-bit (1993)
Hydraulik is a Pipe Dream clone. The player's task is to close the water cycle by stacking pipes in the...
Xbox 360 (2010)
In Hydrophobia the player takes the role of engineer Kate Wilson who works on the cruise ship Queen of the...
Commodore 64 (1992)
Hyper Aggressive is a strategic puzzle game aiming to provide some sensitivity for the binary numeral system. The playing area...
Game Boy (1989)
Hyper Lode Runner plays similar to Lode Runner. You must run around on brick platforms gathering all the gold, while...
Acorn 32-bit (1989)
Ibix the Viking is a flip screen platform game where the player has to collect all the treasure (crowns, coins...
Spencer falls asleep while watching a cartoon marathon on Nickelodeon, and starts dreaming he's trapped inside the television set with...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.73 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction