DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
ZX Spectrum (1986)
Journey to the Centre of Eddie Smith's Head is a traditional text adventure made using the Quill adventure generation software...
Journey To The Centre Of The Earth! is a single player game which has nothing to do with the Jules...
Atari 8-bit (1982)
In Journey to the Planets, you play a spacefarer who must find a way to return to his home planet....
Juggernaut is a 3-disc point-and-click adventure using pre-rendered CG movie clips and stills. Gameplay takes place inside the cursed soul...
Game Boy Advance (2005)
A long time ago, the mysterious "Ancients" created machines across the land that were able to harness the power of...
J.U.L.I.A. is an adventure game about a 35 year old astrobiologist, Rachel Manners. Years ago, telescope Chandra 17 located a...
Jumble is an online adaptation of the word game Jumble, originally licensed by the multimedia corporation Tribune to newspapers around...
Atari ST (1994)
Jumble Up is a jigsaw puzzle written in STOS.The game loads a user supplied image and creates a puzzle with...
Jumper is a single player Frogger style game.The game plays like most other games in this genre, take a group...
Atari ST (1992)
Jumping Ghost is a one screen multilevel platform game where the aim of each level is to make it to...
Atari 8-bit (1993)
Jumping Jack is an arcade puzzle-solving game. The player's task is to break all the tiles. The number of lines...
Jumpy is a single player platform game.In this game the player controls a green ball which bounces around the screen....
Game Gear (1991)
Junction on the Game Gear plays much like its Genesis equivalent but the view is top-down rather than isometric. The...
Junction is a puzzle game somewhat similar to Pipe Dream where the object of the game is to slide square...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 99 Ōkami
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 96 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.64 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.56 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.54 Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- DO NOT USE
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction