DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Considering that side-scrolling is a hallmark of platform games, you'd figure that they'd prompt players to exercise more lateral thinking....
ZX Spectrum (1987)
You are Hercules and have murdered your own family in a moment of weakness. To get your freedom after your...
This is a download-only game in which you control a rat who is required to run around a maze until...
Nintendo DS (2005)
Labyrinth is the sequel to a SNES game called On the Ball. The object of the game is to manipulate...
Labyrinth is a maze game similar to Gauntlet, but with a more definite goal and some adventure elements. It is...
A game of maze navigation, in which you race against time through random-generated labyrinths of varying difficulty levels. Not only...
In this shareware (but fully functional) maze-solving game, players go on a treasure hunt within computer-generated labyrinths. There are five...
Windows 3.x (1995)
Labyrinth is a single-player, mouse controlled game. It was developed by the Cosmi Corporation and is featured in a number...
ZX Spectrum (1986)
Labyrinthion is a flick screen action maze game in the vein of UPG's Atic Atac, in which an adventurer is...
Commodore 64 (1995)
Laced Tiles is a jigsaw puzzle game where players assemble tiles in such a way that they create a picture...
La Croix Pan is a short AGS adventure game set in the town of the same name in June 1944....
Ladder Man I is a puzzle game that was distributed freely, i.e. without a registration fee, to publicise Soleau Software's...
Ladder Man II is a the second Ladder Man in Soleau Software's Mindscape series.In terms of game play it is...
Help Ladder Man collect all the light bulbs in each of the 30 puzzle rooms and then try to reach...
Lady is a girl from a good family. However, she doesn't care much for good manners and diligent study, but...
Atari ST (1993)
Lamemine is a puzzle game heavily inspired by the Minesweeper variant shipped with Windows 3.1.The goal of the game is...
Lament is a puzzle platformer controlling the girl Emma and it incorporates patterns of sounds to solve puzzles. Emma needs...
La•Mulana is a platform title that was five years in development and was designed to look like an MSX game....
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
- 95 The Orange Box
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction