DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Matrix Madness exercises and evaluates the player's pattern recognition skills by posing a series of 3x3 grid puzzles, filled with...
Mavlin Malner from Earth was kidnapped by alien in flying saucer to the planet of moguns! The mogun, who looks...
Game Boy Color (2000)
This game uses the license from the famous German TV series Biene Maja. Maja's best friend Willi is kidnapped by...
Game Boy Color (1999)
Maya the Bee & Her Friends is the first game based on Maya the Bee, a world famous German book,...
May’s Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville is a 2D adventure game, somewhat similar to the Professor Layton series. It contains...
This game is an early (~1996) web browser conversion of Christopher Manson's 1985 puzzle book MAZE: Solve the World's Most...
A simple maze navigation game with randomly-generated screens in 10 skill levels - 32,000 mazes are possible for each level....
Maze Adventures is a collection of four maze games: Diamond Digger Block Five Rogue Runner Maze Machine
Atari 2600 (1980)
In Maze Craze, your goal is to be the first of two players to make it out of a maze!...
Apple II (1978)
An early Silas Warner creation which helped pioneer the 3D first-person perspective in home computer games, much like Escape (with...
Windows 3.x (1992)
Mazemaker is a shareware game which generates mazes through which the player must navigate. The mazes vary in complexity from...
Apple IIgs (1992)
Mazer II is a first person shooter with puzzle solving elements. The player enters a strange place called Mazeworld and...
The Maze is a single player game in which the player starts at some point within a maze and must...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 99 Ōkami
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- 94 Three Weeks in Paradise
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.62 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.50 Cave Story (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction