DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
ZX Spectrum (1985)
Monty Mole was imprisoned due to his coal theft in Wanted: Monty Mole, and the aim of the player as...
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is loosely based on the Monty Python movie of the same name. The player...
Following in the footsteps of fangame Moley Xmas and especially Gremlin's Moley Christmas, this holiday season sees retro protagonist Monty...
ZX Spectrum (1988)
Your scout duty takes you into the heavily booby-trapped home of an eccentric old professor, who suddenly collapses. His pills...
Tamara Lynd has recently become engaged to Jack Tresyllian, a wealthy owner of the Tresyllian Castle in Cornwall, England. Shortly...
This is the sequel to Moorhuhn: Der Schatz des Pharao. In this adventure, Moorhuhn has to deal with a terrible...
Wii U (2017)
A strategy game - your aim is to get to the far end of a large grid, filled with enemies,...
More Dark Fables from Aesop is the sequel to The Dark Fables of Aesop and includes 12 new tales from...
The player is cast as Powell, a mercenary on his first assignment on the cargo spaceship Morningstar. The ship crash-lands...
Commodore 64 (1987)
You have been tasked to save the world in your transforming car 'Morphicle' to stop the world from being blown...
An 8x8 grid is laid out before the player, randomly studded with profile pictures of various characters (or "morphs") from...
Mortadelo y Filemón: La Máquina Meteoroloca is an adventure game based on the Spanish comic book characters and presented with...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.77 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction