DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Residue is a 2D adventure game played as a side-scrolling platformer. The focus is entirely on the narrative and the...
ZX Spectrum (1989)
Retarded Creatures and Caverns is a humorous text adventure from Zenobi Software. The story starts with Bulbo Biggun the Boggit,...
Retardo and the Iron Golem is a short point-and-click adventure game, in which players must guide Retardo, a retarded knight...
Retourtje Mali is a Dutch educational title that tries to educate children about life in Africa. Mali is taken as...
A mad scientist has arrived in the hitherto relatively peaceful town of Reality-on-the-Norm, and he wants nothing less than to...
It is the present time (1993), and many people are about to enjoy the performance of the opera "Don Juan...
Someone is trying to destroy the earth's oceans. As you are an expert on deep-sea diving and underwater combat, it's...
Return to Chaos is a freeware remake of the engine behind the influential Dungeon Master game series, recreating the original...
In this long-awaited continuation of the Dark Castle series, you are Bryant, nephew of Prince Duncan who never returned from...
This is the first game of the Super Kroz trilogy. Despite the name, it's very much more of the same...
After saving the puppeteer race from extermination and uncovering some powerful ancient technology in the first game, Quinn, Seeker of...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.77 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction