DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Apple II (1980)
Text-based adventure game inspired by the cult classic British television show about a former spy who is abducted and sent...
Private Eye: Greatest Unsolved Mysteries is a hidden object game from the same developers of Paparazzi. It has a very...
Process is a game project in the adventure genre; its story takes place in several subway train cars. In 20...
Prodigal is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory. The game can be controlled via mouse.Story: The...
Prof. Brain's Link! is a very simple jigsaw puzzle game. The goal is to reassemble a rectangle that has been...
Professor Brösl is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory. The game can be controlled via mouse...
Nintendo 3DS (2014)
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is the sixth game in Professor Layton series, and the third game in the...
Nintendo DS (2007)
After hearing about a strange inheritance dispute in the town of St. Mystere, Professor Layton and his young apprentice, Luke,...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Three years before the events in the first game, Professor Layton receives a letter from his old schoolmate Clark Triton....
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
Professor Layton and Luke head to the town of miracles, Montdol, in search of the Mask of Miracle. The mask...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Professor Layton and his assistant Luke attend the unveiling of a new invention called a time machine. The Prime Minister...
Nintendo 3DS (2014)
Level 5 and Capcom join their forces by combining their two independent franchises into a new game. Capcom's top defense...
In Project Albatross, the player takes control of a janitorial robot tasked with cleaning a radioactive spill aboard an abandoned...
Commodore 64 (1989)
Project Firestart is one of the progenitors of the survival horror genre. In the future (2066) a genetic experiment (Project...
In the distant future, mega-corporation Terracom has authorized its Off-World Colonization Division to expand to new planets through whatever means...
Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is a remake of Fatal Frame II utilizing the game engine and style of Zero:...
This game presents a stickman hero with a very straightforward top-down map: a corridor attached to three rooms, each containing...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 99 Ōkami
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.54 Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction