DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
PlayStation 3 (2013)
Rain is a 3D game with an emphasis on puzzle elements set in a city loosely inspired by mid-twentieth century...
TRS-80 CoCo (1983)
The Rainbow magazine, compiled a collection of text and graphical adventures programmed in BASIC. The default interface of early 1980's...
Commodore 64 (1988)
Players control the Rainbow Dragon who is desperately trying to get out of the cave system. To do this, they...
Saving the rainforest involves tile-matching in this arcade puzzler. A matrix of tiles in various forms is presented; swap adjacent...
Can you recover the ancient Rain Talisman?Rain Talisman is a matching game. To make a match, you place your mouse...
ZX Spectrum (1984)
Rainy Day is a collection of three games that contains the following:Puzzle: A sliding puzzle game where you are presented...
Game Boy Advance (2001)
Through a range of different play modes (both single and multiplayer), you must clear the playfield of four different coloured...
Rampcube is a single player, shareware, falling block puzzle game.The game is entirely keyboard controlled. Coloured tiles slide down a...
Random House Puzzles & Games: Crosswords is a compilation that consists of two separate games each containing one hundred and...
The Rangers Football Game is a puzzle and trivia game about the Glaswegian football club. The puzzle consists of a...
Nintendo DS (2011)
The handheld version of Rango (based on the 2011 Paramount Pictures animated film of the same name) plays similarly to...
ZX Spectrum (1984)
Rapscallion the Rogue has captured the ownership rights to your castle, and imprisoned you out in the wilderness. Fortunately, your...
While you are guarding them, some pterodactyls stole all four of your eggs. The raptor leader has selected you to...
Xbox One (2015)
Rare Replay is a compilation of 30 games by developer Rare / Ultimate - Play the Game / Ashby Computers...
Atari 2600 (2007)
You are presented with a screen full of squares, thirty-two squares wide by twenty squares high. The object of the...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 99 Ōkami
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- 94 Three Weeks in Paradise
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.62 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.63 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.60 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.54 Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Comics [DEPRECATED]
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction