DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
ZX Spectrum (1992)
Samouk ("Autodidact") is a simple Scrabble-like game, published as a type-in program in the Polish "Bajtek" magazine. The player and...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
Based on the Cartoon Network animated series, Samurai Jack has been sent to another place in time by his nemesis...
Atari 8-bit (1992)
Samurai's Game is a puzzle game. The screen is divided into sixty four squares with digits. Black adds points, red...
Sandmen is a free, German 2D point-and-click adventure. You are sleeping and are awakened by some voices who turn out...
SandScript is a word guessing game with Middle Eastern themes, two modes and one mini-game.In the Genie's Quest mode, the...
Dr. Joan Aiken had discovered a way to inject a special serum into the human brain, which will grant this...
Sanma no Meitantei (or, Sanma the Great Detective) casts the player as the assistant to the famous Japanese comedian and...
Atari 7800 (2006)
Santa, a reindeer, a Christmas tree and a snowman will signal you, in a pattern order. Using the joystick, you...
Saru Ga Daisuki is a platform game where the player controls a ninja monkey, out to save his girlfriend from...
SEGA Saturn (1996)
An all out party game, this Saturn exclusive title has you controlling the little blue bomber along with up to...
Commodore 64 (1983), Apple II (1980), Atari 8-bit (1981), ZX Spectrum (1987), TRS-80 (1981), TRS-80 CoCo (1983), Dragon 32/64 (1984), Browser (2005), BBC Micro (1984), Electron (1984) and Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1986)
Savage Island is the only multi-part game in Scott Adams' adventure series, all of which have a very similar parser...
The second half of Savage Island, this continues exactly where the other game leaves off. It includes a mysterious code...
On the TI, the two parts of the Savage Island series from Scott Adams were combined into one package. This...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.73 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction