DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
This is an adventure game in a similar vein to Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego, although the questions...
Secret Agent Barbie lets kids join the alpha blonde and her friends as she travels the world as an international...
Story of the third part in Secret Files / Geheimakte series is written by acclaimed TV writers. Adventurer Nina Kalenkov...
Commodore 64 (1984), Apple II (1980), Atari 8-bit (1981), ZX Spectrum (1985), VIC-20 (1981), TI-99/4A (1981), TRS-80 (1979), TRS-80 CoCo (1983), Dragon 32/64 (1984), Browser (2005), BBC Micro (1986), Electron (1984), PC-88 (1984), Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1984), FM-7 (1984) and Exidy Sorcerer (1979)
This is adventure #3 in Scott Adam's text adventure series. It takes place in a nuclear power plant. You must...
The Secret of Donkey Island is a parody on the Monkey Island games. A pirate-wannabe Gaybush Nosehair must travel to...
Commodore 64 (1986)
In this flick-screen side view arcade adventure, for reasons unknown you have to enter and explore a castle to find...
The story follows Edwina, a granddaughter of Robert Margrave, who comes to Margrave Manor to find out what has happened...
Secret of Software 64 is a short puzzle game played on a single screen. The mechanics are similar to Escape...
The slightly eccentric American archaeologist Dr. Davis specialises in palaeoanthropology. His research concentrates on finding the missing link; the quantum...
Atari 2600 (1989)
It started with one station, then three, then eight. If something isn't done, the aliens will overrun Earth. It is...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- 95 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.86 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.82 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.77 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
- 4.71 Layers of Fear (2016)
- 4.67 The Longest Journey: Special Edition (2006)
- 4.67 The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011)
- 4.67 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.55 Digidrive (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction