DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
ZX Spectrum (1989)
Samotnik (Peg solitaire) is an adaptation of the Peg Solitaire board game. The game takes place on an European-style peg...
Samotnik is an adaptation of the Peg Solitaire board game. The action takes place on a standard 8x8 chessboard of...
ZX Spectrum (1992)
Samouk ("Autodidact") is a simple Scrabble-like game, published as a type-in program in the Polish "Bajtek" magazine. The player and...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
Based on the Cartoon Network animated series, Samurai Jack has been sent to another place in time by his nemesis...
Atari 8-bit (1992)
Samurai's Game is a puzzle game. The screen is divided into sixty four squares with digits. Black adds points, red...
Sandmen is a free, German 2D point-and-click adventure. You are sleeping and are awakened by some voices who turn out...
SandScript is a word guessing game with Middle Eastern themes, two modes and one mini-game.In the Genie's Quest mode, the...
Not much is known about Max Laughton at first, but it is clear that he is conducting a particularly important...
Dr. Joan Aiken had discovered a way to inject a special serum into the human brain, which will grant this...
Sanma no Meitantei (or, Sanma the Great Detective) casts the player as the assistant to the famous Japanese comedian and...
Tis' the season for cheese balls, snow balls, and a holiday game of...Santa Balls!Santa Balls is much like Bejeweled but...
Atari 7800 (2006)
Santa, a reindeer, a Christmas tree and a snowman will signal you, in a pattern order. Using the joystick, you...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 World of Goo
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 World of Goo
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.88 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction