DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Commodore 64 (1984), Apple II (1980), Atari 8-bit (1981), ZX Spectrum (1985), VIC-20 (1981), TI-99/4A (1981), TRS-80 (1979), TRS-80 CoCo (1983), Dragon 32/64 (1984), Browser (2005), BBC Micro (1986), Electron (1984), PC-88 (1984), Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1984), FM-7 (1984) and Exidy Sorcerer (1979)
This is adventure #3 in Scott Adam's text adventure series. It takes place in a nuclear power plant. You must...
The Secret of Donkey Island is a parody on the Monkey Island games. A pirate-wannabe Gaybush Nosehair must travel to...
The Secret of Margrave Manor is a common hidden object game where the player must find a number of listed...
Secret of Software 64 is a short puzzle game played on a single screen. The mechanics are similar to Escape...
The slightly eccentric American archaeologist Dr. Davis specialises in palaeoanthropology. His research concentrates on finding the missing link; the quantum...
Odyssey 2 (1981)
Secret of the Pharaohs is a puzzle game for two players. Each player has to find the correct position of...
Atari 2600 (1989)
It started with one station, then three, then eight. If something isn't done, the aliens will overrun Earth. It is...
Secrets of Six Seas is a full 3D marble shooter game taking place underwater, at seabed level. The objective is...
Secrets of the Ark (The Angel of Death in the UK) is the fourth game in the Broken Sword series....
The Secret World is an MMORPG set in a modern day environment, but with elements from urban legends, myths, magic...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Monster World Complete Collection is a collection of games from the Wonder Boy series. It contains all the games in...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Another release in the Sega Ages 2500 series which bundles together remakes of the arcade titles Puzzle & Action and...
Game Gear (1992)
Sega Game Pack 4in1 is a collection of minigames, which include: Flash Columns: based on the same game mode of...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 World of Goo
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 World of Goo
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.88 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction