DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Xbox 360 (2009)
Shadow Complex follows the main character Jason Fleming and his girlfriend Claire in their fight against an organization called the...
ShadowForce is a shareware graphic adventure game. The story is set in the early 22nd century, when Earth Central Command,...
Nintendo 64 (1999)
In this 3D first-person adventure game, Castle Shadowgate is filled with thieves and other scum and, on top of it...
Shadow Hunter is puzzle game reminiscent of Minesweeper. The story of the game is the mission to descend to lowest...
You play Aarbron, and you must again face Maletoth, the Beast Lord, in order to free yourself from his curse....
ZX Spectrum (1985)
In Shadow of the Unicorn, the player assumes the role of multiple characters, trying to get rid of the evil...
You're headed to a Halloween party but there are more tricks than treats at this All Hallows Eve gathering. That...
Released only through Valve's Steam service, Shadows: Price For Our Sins - Bonus Edition contains the standard game Shadows: Price...
The creators of Shady Brook describe it as an "interactive horror adventure game" and, because of its mature story and...
Dragon 32/64 (1991)
An implementation of the solitaire mahjongg game, as popularised by Activision's Shanghai, Paul Burgin's Shanghai requires you to eliminate all...
Game Boy (1989)
Shanghai is a tile-based game based on the ancient Chinese game of Mah-Jong.The gameplay involves 144 tiles, which have to...
SAM Coupé (1990)
This is a clone of Shanghai for the SAM Coupé. The basic gameplay is the same as the classic variant,...
Shanghai is a single player, shareware, version of Mah Jong, the ancient Chinese tile matching game. The game is written...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 World of Goo
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 World of Goo
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.88 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.69 Lode Runner On-Line: The Mad Monks' Revenge (1995)
- 4.69 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.63 Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition (2005)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction