DescriptionPuzzle-Solving games are not so much a genre but denote any type of non-puzzle game that features puzzle solving elements.
Shanghai is a single player, shareware, version of Mah Jong, the ancient Chinese tile matching game. The game is written...
Dragon's Eye is an installment in the tile-matching game series initiated by Activision. Players try to remove mahjong tiles in...
Neo Geo Pocket Color (1999)
Shanghai Mini is a release in the series of Activision's tile matching games. Included are classic, tournament and dynasty modes....
Shangri La 2 Deluxe is a word construction game, where a pile of hexagonal tiles have to be arranged as...
The game is based on the Shannara fantasy novels by Terry Brooks. The protagonist of the game is Jak Ohmsford,...
Yu is a member of the Yan rebellion in Ancient China, fighting against the Imperial forces to free the city...
Shaolin's Road is a action adventure that takes place in medieval China. When Tsu Yu's father, a powerful warlord, is...
Shariki (Russian for the balls) is one of the earliest titles based around the type of match-three game that was...
Atari ST (1991)
Sharks is a hang-man game, but instead of getting hanged the player gets eaten by a shark.Guess the word that...
Game Boy Advance (2002)
Sheep for the Game Boy Advance is based on the game of the same name for console and computers, but...
Sheep Battle is a hybrid between Minesweeper and the board game Battleship. The player is given a field which is...
Sheeple is a puzzle-game in which the player needs to guide Sheep People (=Sheeple) to the star-shaped exits. Of course...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 97 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 96 World of Goo
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 96 Super Mario Galaxy
- 95 World of Goo
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Super Mario 64
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 The Orange Box
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.94 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Limited Edition) (2003)
- 4.10 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2013)
- 4.88 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 3.89 Tomb Raider II Starring Lara Croft (2009)
- 4.80 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Collector's Limited Edition) (2009)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 4.14 Trine (2011)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.69 LostWinds (2008)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Puzzle-Solving is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction