DescriptionSimulation games are created with the goal of putting the player in control of a certain activity while attempting to make it as realistic as possible.
In the strictest sense of the word, all electronic games are simulations, since they cannot exist without simulating aspects of real life. However, simulation genre only includes games that focus (entirely or mostly) on imitating real-life activities. That does not mean that simulation games must be completely realistic; for example, space combat simulation games simulate an activity that is (yet) unknown to human beings. The distinguishing feature of simulation games is their emphasis on realism and detail comparable to those encountered in real life.
Most simulation games are not story-driven, since they concentrate on describing general activities, not concrete situations. Among notable exceptions are Wing Commander games, which combine space combat simulation with a continuous narrative.
Simulation themes vary greatly; theoretically, they are limited only by the amount of activities known to human beings. Simulation themes include, for example, traffic networks, medical care, romance, music, and many others.
Simulation games can be roughly divided into five main groups:
- Managerial simulations put the player in a position of a manager or a similar role.
- Construction simulations primarily involve building, for example cities.
- Life simulations may deal with human life or life in general.
- Professional / Social simulations are dedicated to specific social activities and professions.
- Vehicle simulations allow the player direct control of a vehicle with a certain sense of realism, for example plane, space ship, tank, etc.
Atari 8-bit (1992)
Constellation is a space trade game. The player's task is manufacturing, trade in raw materials and speculation on interplanetary exchanges....
Play the vehicles of your own Construction Company, players can bid on jobs and accomplish them. Game includes 7 vehicles...
Nintendo DS (2007)
Mama is back! She's brought her sauciness back to the Ninentdo DS with more to do this time around. There...
Cook Off is the follow-on game after the Nintendo DS Cooking Mama game. This time mama teaches you to cook...
CoPilot is an add-on to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002. The program is used to simplify...
Corncob 3-D: The Other Worlds Campaign is an alternate version of the original Corncob 3-D which could be purchased directly...
Corncob Deluxe takes place in an alternative history where World War II never happened. But all is not well. Instead...
"The object of the game is to make a fortune by acquiring as many companies as posible within each industry...
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 5.00 1942: The Pacific Air War Scenario (1995)
- 4.72 Aces: The Complete Collector's Edition (1995)
- 4.61 Air Warrior (1990)
- 4.61 Air Warrior (1992)
- 3.71 A-Train (1990)
- 5.00 A-Train (1995)
- 5.00 Bassin's Black Bass (1994)
- 5.00 Best Before (2010)
- 5.00 BFRIS Zero Gravity Fighter Combat (1999)
- 4.56 Black Gold (1991)
Games must have at least 1 votes and a MobyScore of 4.0 to be considered.