October Sales Wii top selling system; on Xbox360 Halo 3 outsells Guitar Hero 3
Dec 01, 2007
Submitted by Jeanne (75654)
After a hiatus at #1 in September due to the release of Halo 3, in which Xbox 360 beat Wii by some 25,000 units, Nintendo is back on top in October 2007 by a substantial margin. Wii sold 520,000 for the month, followed by Nintendo DS at 460,000. Xbox 360 fell to 370,000. PSP, PS2 and PS3 rounded out the rankings for the month.
- Wii - 519,000
- Nintendo DS - 458,000
- Xbox 360 - 366,000
- PSP - 286,000
- PS2 - 184,000
- PS3 - 121,000
On the software side, it was all Guitar Hero. Activision noted in a press release that due to the release of Guitar Hero III they managed a market share of 28.7% for the month. In addition, it was the top selling game on each platform for which it was released (PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360). No third party game has ever ranked #1 on Wii.
- Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - 434,000
- Guitar Hero III w/ guitar (Xbox 360) - 383,000
- Guitar Hero III w/ guitar (Wii) - 286,000
- Guitar Hero III w/ guitar (PS2) - 271,000
- Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) - 263,000
- Wii Play (Wii) - 240,000
- The Orange Box (Xbox 360) - 238,000
- Guitar Hero III (PS2) - 232,000
- FIFA Soccer 08 (PS2) - 130,000
- Brain Age 2 (DS) - 117,000
Now that the Christmas "rush season" is upon us, it will be interesting to see what Santa's most popular choices will be.