I have rolled out a new version of MobyGames with lots of exciting new stuff.
MobyGames is now taking submissions for two New Platforms Super NES and Sega Genesis. Two new websites, genesis.mobygames.com and snes.mobygames.com will be coming online in the next few days. Three new platforms are on the way; NES, Jaguar and Amiga! Start getting those entries ready.
Complete Credits Overhaul
We have completely rewritten the credits data entry system to store more information and make entering the credits easier and more accurate. Here is a bullet list of the changes.
Overhaul of approvals and approval notifications for better communication between users and approvers. See detailed information about your approvals from your account page. Improved Developer Rap Sheet with more information and better layout. Minimum score for Top Rated Games has been lowered from 4.0 to
include more games in some of the smaller lists. Many bug fixes and minor enhancements.
- New step-by-step Interface with better usability and features.
- Better name matching to prevent duplicate developers from being added to the database
- Ability to group credits together
- Games can now have credits for entities that are not people. (eg, companies, bands, stores, etc)
- Ability to add supporting information for credits to help in the approval process.
- New credits classifications, including a new heirachry for easier understanding.
Submitted by Brian Hirt (10025) on Jun 06, 2002