Trivia for the day: Did you know that Tony Van designed Westwood's first real-time strategy game, predating even Dune 2? Check out his developer profile for the details.
And a big thanks to everyone who has been contributing to MobyGames; even though we may edit, correct, or sometimes reject entries and contributions, every little bit helps make MobyGames the definitive PC gaming reference--built by us, the gaming community.
- Reviews are, for the most part, still worth two contribution points.
- Reviews that just barely meet the minimum requirements of a review (at least two full sentences in at least one section) or reviews that don't explain the author's point of view well will get one point.
- Reviews that fully explain the author's view, are verbose while still being relevant, or otherwise simply kick ass, will get three points.
The number of points you get for a review are shown in the email you receive when that review is approved.
We've also been seeing this recently: Games that "support" Windows 95 and higher even though the games were released in 1994 or earlier. Needless to say, we're automatically correcting these entries :-)
(Want to write your own feature article to appear on MobyGames? Contact us!)
Also, Alan Chan is the MobyUser of the day, since he tipped us over the 1000 entry mark with his entry for Trespasser. Way to go, Alan!
1. We're now an affiliate of the IGN gaming network, and we're really exited about it. One of the biggest benefits of being part of a large network is exposure, and that helps introduce MobyGames to a new audience. This can only help Moby in a positive way: More contributions, more ratings, more reviews -- more of what makes MobyGames truly "built by gamers".
2. We've rolled out a huge new codebase with so many new features that we've compiled release notes for you to read at your leisure. Top Games, credits (both displayed and entering), off-site searches, and other numerous enhancements were made, so we encourage you to read the release notes.