|Contribution Rating:||43 (tied for 2745th; 9 in last year)|
|Member Since||Oct 03, 2007|
|# Messages Posted:||none|
|About myself:||I'm French, I have a nice collection of old computers and consoles with their games. I try to keep them in good shape in order to play with them for a long time. I'm happy to share games/stuff with peoples, as long as I know that they'll respect it as much as I do.|
Games are mainly the visible part of an iceberg of work done by women and men, and that's the reason I like these games. I don't know how I'll handle the case of a game entirely made by a computer A.I. when it will come.
About "for art or for fun" I think games are made a bit for the two. When I grew up there was Atari computers and Infograme was publishing games for them, now Infogramme bought Atari and took its name, so you'll understand that now nothing can surprise me...
I'm open minded, but I do prefer some games for the people who worked on them... Music in a game is very important to me.
I do have a LOT of other center of interest, but I don't feel like it's the place to say more than a few words :
- languages (French, English, Italian, Japanese, Chinese)
- arts (graphical, dramatical, musical)
- and sciences (all of them but the one of war)
Ladies and gentlemen, that's all for today. Thank you for your time, and please... enjoy.
PS: my English isn't perfect, do not fear to correct me when I'm wrong.
Plan on Getting
- Sega Dreamcast -- Ah... what should I do ?... It's not cheap.
- Sega Nomad -- Maybe... it's a cool device, but almost nothing more. I mean "battery eater" device...
- Amstrad CPC -- Have 5 of them, 3 with disk unit dead, 1 with disk unit ok, 1 with tape unit ok
- Atari 2600 -- Is working fine but is a real dust magnet
- Atari ST -- This is a 520 ST with a lot of games
- IBM PC / Compatible -- A lot of the old "less than 500 MHz CPU" computers are now collecting dust, the 3 main computers are running fine
- Microsoft Xbox -- My brother's X-Box, not really mine, but it has... 2 good games
- MSX -- It runs fine but I don't have a lot of games
- Nintendo Game Boy Micro -- It's small, it's blue, it's fun! Now I can play GBA games on my GC or anywhere.
Over my Dead Body
- Apple Power Mac -- No, I'm not a biggot, but I don't want a "mac"
- Nintendo 64 -- Argh! Another cartridge system! But look at the price of the cartridges, Nintendo, I won't be the cow you'll milk
- Sega Game Gear -- As much as I like Sega, this beast is a "battery killer", so it's not for me
- Sony PlayStation -- Hey! I have a Sega Saturn, how could I possibly own a PSX? ;-) (I play on my PS2)