|Contribution Rating:||716 (ranked 426th; 22 in last year)|
|Member Since||Aug 08, 2009|
|# Messages Posted:||4|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, United States|
|About myself:||Hey! My name is Kadath. I was born in Birmingham, but I live in Utah and I've spent a majority of my life there. I hope to leave some day, it's a pretty hellish place. I have a lovely wife named Chie who is from Japan. She's an artist and I'm a movie fanatic, and I'm currently working on making an adaptation of an old horror story I wrote. I've always had a fondness for Journalism and video games, so back in the mid 90's I reviewed games for my High School newsletter. In College, I was one of the founders of an underground gaming magazine called "Nerdgasm" that gathered a cult audience. I continued to review games for it, although I also ran a debate column for movie freaks. Nerdgasm ran from 1996 to 2004. The last review I wrote for it was Doom 3. It ended mostly because I was out of college, and they had started an "official" gaming/movie mag, and an attempt to bring Nerdgasm into the mainstream failed pretty miserably. I'm here to continue writing reviews and share nostalgic memories of my favourite old school PC games. I mostly stick with first person shooters and strategy games, but I like a few horror titles, such as Silent Hill, and the occasional RPG such as Fallout.|
All Time Favorite
- Fallout -- This is seriously the best game ever.
- Full Throttle -- This is my all time favourite adventure game :D
- DOOM -- *Boom!* *Chuk Chuk* *Boom!* *Chuk Chuk* *Boom!* *Chuk chuk* *Hiss* *Thud*
- Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams -- This game made me cower in a corner. That means it is awesome.
- Sam & Max Hit the Road -- My second favourite adventure game :D
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories -- This piqued my interest, so I'm giving it a go.
Plan on Getting
- Nintendo SNES -- I once had an SNES. It kicked ass. Then my doberman crushed it :( I want another one.
- SNK Neo Geo -- Why does this have to be so expensive and rare? Dammit, I wanna play Metal slug but the collection is only on PS2/PSP.
- 3DO -- Need for Speed, Quarantine, Road Rash, Wolf 3D, why do people hate this again?
- Apple II -- I've had this baby since 1983. It was my first home computer!
- Bandai WonderSwan -- Technically this is my wifes. I've never seen her play it but she claims it has sentimental value so it remains here.
- Cell Phone -- Wolfenstein RPG and Doom RPG!! Also Tetris.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Ahh, the PC. The only gaming platform that truly matters.
- Magnavox Odyssey -- I found this in my mum's closet. May not be much fun, but considering its place in history, I keep it for display.
- Microsoft Xbox 360 -- My current gen system of choice.
Used to Have
- Apple/Bandai Pippin -- Note to self: Don't buy random products just because the company made your favourite computer.
- Atari 8-bit -- The only games I had for it were the Wolfenstein games, and when I got them from a friend for the Apple II, I sold this.
- Atari Jaguar -- I had this for like a month, but after beating AVP and getting bored of Tempest 2000, I sold it. Kinda felt ripped off.
- Microsoft Xbox -- First and only console I owned last generation. I sold it because my games are 360 compatable.
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP -- This was a great system. I sold it since the DS plays all my GBA games.
- Sega 32X -- Bahhhhhhh. The CD has its problems, but this is a real piece of crap. I sold it only 3 weeks after I bought it.
- Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) -- I was living and breathing Liberty City Stories. Then some jackass stole my PSP with the game still in it! :(