|Contribution Rating:||2469 (ranked 183rd; 277 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jun 06, 2002|
|# Messages Posted:||1065|
|Location:||Ebikon, Switzerland |
|About myself:||Hi there! Here's a few core facts so you know who you're dealing with:|
- I'm Swiss and I was born in 1985.
- I'm a PhD candidate at the computer science department of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH). My area of research is physically-based simulation, so I'm not too far removed from the whole videogame thing. While working on my master's degree, I also particularly worked on camera technology and video processing.
- My love for games started at around age 6, when my father brought home our first i386-DX family computer. I'm still a PC gamer first and foremost, although I also own a PS2 and PS3. The games of the '90s that I grew up with still represent my personal "golden age" of games.
- Among the first games I played were Aldo's Adventure, The Blues Brothers, Bad-Cat, Test Drive, The Game of ROBOT, and Hugo's House of Horrors, where I learned my first English words.
- The earliest games I bought myself were the Microïds Action Pack (not yet documented anywhere), Fatal Racing (a.k.a. Whiplash), and The 7th Guest.
- Many more of my first gaming memories are related to the approximately 150 demos contained on the cover disc of German magazine CD Player 1/94 (contributed to the archive by yours truly; the scans even still include some childhood scribbles of mine).
As you can see from the list of my all-time favourite games to the right, I am all over the map. The only games I almost never play are sports games, and real-time strategy. The former because I simply don't enjoy them, the latter because I suck at them. I am most interested in Adventure games and other plot-heavy titles, C-RPGs, racing games and simulations, and the occasional action game or shooter.
I have special preferences for older and overlooked titles, and for games with fresh and exciting ideas. Most of my submissions to MobyGames will concern such titles, the ones hardly anyone else would bother with. I also submit the occasional review, where I concentrate on games that do not already have a review on the site, or where I feel I have something particular to say.