|Contribution Rating:||354 (tied for 733rd; 354 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jun 07, 2010|
|# Messages Posted:||31|
|About myself:||I'm interested more in the preserving and documentation side than on playing nowadays, and now that I don't have much to do I come to MG to share some, besides getting lots of wanted info of course.|
I started with a PC with CGA in the eighties, and anything after 1995 is 'too new' already, but while I'm a retrogamer, I have nothing against modern gaming if the game is good, of course.. I don't play much anymore but I have that collector gen.
I also have a soft spot for Links, the golf game, having lots of information about all its versions, playable courses, and of course many original boxes and discs. However my oldies collection is not as big as it was.
Some of my favs include X-Wing, Quake and Doom, lots of the classic LucasArts adventures, anything Tetris-like (although I can't play as much hardcore as I could back in the day, Heboris included), Lemmings, NFS: Most Wanted, Dune II, El-Fish, The Dark Heart Of Uukrul (which strangely I've never finished despite the amount of hours I spent on it, always somehow stopping at the beacon), and many more of so many genres and decades.
I'm available for anything if you're polite and not too cheeky.
All Time Favorite
- The Dig -- Point and click at its peak
- ICO -- One of the best gaming experiences I ever had
- Links 2001 -- Just one more round!
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar -- Too much time spent on it
- Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle -- Among the best and funniest adventures ever
- Quake -- My fav FPS
- Virtual Pool 3 -- Actually made me better pool player. Snooker is the best!
Used to Have
- IBM PC / Compatible -- My 1st computer was an Inves 8088 with 640 KiB, two 5.25" DD drives & CGA with 14" monitor. I wish I had it again.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- My 2nd computer was a 486DX 33Mhz, 4 MiB ram, 120 MiB HD. VGA, and SB later upgraded to Winfast, SB Pro & 8 MiB ram.
- Sony PlayStation 2 -- Well I have two but none are working. I wish I could repair the disk drive(s).
- Nintendo Wii -- Sold to a friend everything I had: games, accesories, balance board... I regret it, even if I wouldn't play it nowadays
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Current Win7 starship: AMD A8 X4 6600K 3.9Ghz, GTX650, 8 GiB ram, 9 TiB HD, 60 GiB SSD, 2.1 sound, laser color printer
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -- I bought it in a flea market with 5 carts and 2 controllers. Boots up, but cart connections are rusted.
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum -- Inves Spectrum+, 48k but based on the 128k ROM (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investr%C3%B3nica_Inves_Spectrum_%2B)