|Contribution Rating:||43 (tied for 2286th; 0 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jul 13, 2002|
|# Messages Posted:||4|
|Location:||Angels Camp, United States|
|About myself:|| I am a 42 year old with a passion for playing PC games. My favorite genres are first person shooters and RPGs. I never got into multiplayer, and find that my reflexes are a bit slow and I haven't the time to improve yet, so I love a good single player game with a story.|
I had a rather large collection of games, most of them top shelf titles in their respective areas, including many obscure or forgotten classics. I recently decided to let them all go, so now I keep only my crown jewels as it were. :)
Started playing around 12, and got hooked by the old Infocom games on a C64 with a black and white TV for monitor. I had the 2600, Atari 400, and Amiga 500, and finally a PC. In the last few years I re-discovered consoles and now have the Wii and a Star Wars Edition 360 as well.
I've always been fascinated by the gaming industry, and have spent a lot of my free time reading about and researching the games and developers that I admire. This makes me a shoe in for Jeopardy, Video Game Edition. :)
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Gaming rig, I build them and they grow old. Circle of life, technology edition. :)
- Microsoft Xbox 360 -- Star Wars Edition, because Star Wars! It looks and beeps like R2!
- Nintendo Wii -- Fun, silly, and great for when you have friends over or want to play with your SO!
- Cell Phone -- LG Ignite, Android gaming is fun, especially with indie games.
- Nintendo DS Lite -- I snatch it from the missus whenever I'm on a trip, kills time like a pro!
Used to Have
- Atari 2600 -- Picked up three, a six switch, a four swith, and the second edition small black.
- Atari 8-bit -- Atari 400, my first computer. Traded it out for a ZX-81 in an aftermarket keyboard case. I was a moron. :)
- Commodore 64 -- The machine that made me a gamer for life, played tons of games on a little B/W television in my room.
- Commodore Amiga -- I miss my Amiga, it was so fun and had the prettiest games. :)
- Microsoft Xbox -- The old workhorse never died, put it out to pasture at a trading site.