|Contribution Rating:||5729 (ranked 139th; 3339 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jan 09, 2011|
|# Messages Posted:||239|
|About myself:||Formerly known as Sheldonist.|
Semi-active approver on MobyGames (among other things), shoot me a PM if you need something!
Command & Conquer community member for years, avid gamer for a little more than a decade and a half, firm believer in old game design philosophies - no shitty DLCs that could've been merged and made as expansions, no crappy microtransactions, and no frickin' rushing games just so whiny CEOs can have more limos. I also still prefer having boxed games, because everything digital (including Steam, you Valve fanboy) has a way of disappearing, as it's you know... insubstantial.
I love the OCD impulses I get with games, and this is one use of those, and I'm thankful for the helpful community (except the guy who made the standard of getting names strictly from the covers instead of the official/internal names, don't be that guy ;) )
"With the current generation of consoles, we've reached or nearly reached the point where graphics aren't going to get much better, so we can all stop rushing to top the last generation's technology and concentrate on making some games with actual depth (...)"
-- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, "Zero Punctuation: Console Showdown", 29 August 2007
All Time Favorite
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 -- RTS at its most direct, plus a well-crafted quirky universe.
- Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge -- Up to that point, the meatiest RTS expansion pack in terms of gameplay content.
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars -- C&C when it takes a few cues from other RTS - just amazing.
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath -- Now THIS is how you do an expansion! (barring bugs and imbalances)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon -- Hiding an intense management game under a kid-friendly paintjob. Loved it as both throughout my gaming life :D
- Saints Row 2 -- My entry point to sandbox/open world games. Absolutely immersive.
- The Operative: No One Lives Forever - Game of the Year Edition -- The best writing and NPCs an FPS can get.
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath -- Finally modding it.
- Theme Hospital -- That receptionist has inhuman stamina.
- IBM PC / Compatible
Over my Dead Body
- Apple iMac
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPhone