|Contribution Rating:||6967 (ranked 131st; 4305 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jan 09, 2011|
|# Messages Posted:||292|
|About myself:||Formerly known as Sheldonist.|
Approver on MobyGames (among other things) and apparently the only remaining person on the site who cares about strategies and, to a degree, sports games.
Command & Conquer community member for 7 years, avid gamer for a little less than two decades, archivist, associated with more websites than I can realistically manage, and firm believer in old game design philosophies - no shitty DLCs that could've been merged and made as expansions, no crappy microtransactions, and no frickin' rushing games just so whiny CEOs can have more limos. I also still prefer having boxed games, because everything digital (including Steam, you Valve fanboy) has a way of disappearing, as it's you know... insubstantial.
"With the current generation of consoles, we've reached or nearly reached the point where graphics aren't going to get much better, so we can all stop rushing to top the last generation's technology and concentrate on making some games with actual depth (...)"
-- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, "Zero Punctuation: Console Showdown", 29 August 2007
All Time Favorite
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 -- RTS at its most direct, plus a well-crafted quirky universe.
- Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge -- Up to that point, the meatiest RTS expansion pack in terms of gameplay content.
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars -- C&C when it takes a few cues from other RTS - just amazing.
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath -- Now THIS is how you do an expansion! (barring bugs and imbalances)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon -- Hiding an intense management game under a kid-friendly paintjob. Loved it as both throughout my gaming life :D
- Saints Row 2 -- My entry point to sandbox/open world games. Absolutely immersive. Horrible port from consoles, though.
- The Operative: No One Lives Forever - Game of the Year Edition -- The best writing and NPCs an FPS can get.
- Gunpoint -- A cheap indie game is more fulfilling and complex than today's AAA garbage.
- IBM PC / Compatible
Over my Dead Body
- Apple iMac
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPhone