|Contribution Rating:||13 (tied for 5184th; 1 in last year)|
|Member Since||Oct 03, 2002|
|# Messages Posted:||none|
|Location:||Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|About myself:||Iain has been in the games industry since 1994, when he joined small publisher 21st Century Entertainment as Customer Services operative and tester. Gradually proving himself he moved into production for 21st Century before leaving shortly in advance of that company's demise to join fledgling Bristol Developer - Wayward Design.|
At Wayward he worked as a Designer / Researcher / Producer - a role that shifted towards Design and Research as the studio expanded. With the purchasing of Wayward by Rage Games, he shifted to a fulltime Design role, reflecting Rage's corporate focus away from historical simulations.
When Rage Games succumbed to the terrible culling of the British games industry, Iain moved to the Netherlands to join Dutch developer Guerrilla Games. Here he has remained for four years, working as a Designer on such projects as Shellshock and Killzone. Guerrilla Games has recently been purchase by the Sony Corporate group.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Because you need one. Runs games other systems dream of.
- Nintendo DS -- Initially entertaining. Now abandoned. Makes a good alarm clock.
- Sony PlayStation 2 -- Wonderful and flexible catalog of titles.
- Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) -- Awesome screen and some good games. Wish there were more, though.
Used to Have
- Commodore Amiga -- Amazing system with which I had great fun. Long abandoned, alas.
- Microsoft Xbox -- Gave this away when I moved. Steel Batallion - the most awesome controller ever.
- Nintendo GameCube -- Bought. Bought three games for it. Enjoyed one of them. Distinctly underwhelming.
- Sega Dreamcast -- Why didn't it do better? I don't know - great games, but lost out to competitors.
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum -- Seminal piece of hardware! Introduced me to my first addiction, Elite.
- Texas Instruments TI-99/4A -- My first computer. A real eyeopener!