|Contribution Rating:||8967 (ranked 90th; 1600 in last year)|
|Member Since||Oct 05, 2012|
|# Messages Posted:||306|
|AIM Screen Name:||rwolf59|
|About myself:||An oldtimer packrat.
(I estimate my collection is about 650 games.)|
I started out playing text adventures on mainframes, then got a Sinclair QL for use in 68k assembly programming, switched to the Atari ST, and finally built a IBM-compatible 386 PC.
I got interested in flight simulators when the PC came out, but I found the 386 computer I had didn't quite cope with such things, and got seriously hooked playing EF2000 and EAW on a fresh AMD 486/66 PC. And so the time passes...
Last flew IL-2 series and DCS:Black Shark some time ago, but my current PC (and desk space) is not up to what is needed to fly the current titles, so I stay with simpler stuff for the moment.
Some of the QL games information I provide is courtesy of Rich Mellor, RWAP Software, with permission.
The RWAP QL Wiki is found at: http://www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki
RWAP Software is found at: http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/
All Time Favorite
- EF 2000 -- all versions
- European Air War -- still going strong I hear, but hard to run in xp
- IL-2 Sturmovik Series (Complete Edition) -- all versions
- Total Air War -- good old 3dfx days
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss -- I had tamed every monster in the end, had to kill the main b/g :-(
- Wing Commander: Privateer (CD-ROM Edition) -- I want a Taurus ship of my own
- Baldur's Gate -- Game starting to bug out at dungeon loads south.
- BioShock -- Ok, I got to see the first BigDaddy.
- Black Mesa -- Nostalgia trip
- Dead Space -- ...slightly boring shooter
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -- sandbox
- Fallout 3 -- sandbox
- F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon -- ...slightly boring shooter
- Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition -- surprisingly fun for what it is, a mindless shooter with millions of weapons
- Darkstar One -- Nice, but boring in the long run, somehow.
- Portal -- mod: Prelude
- Doctor Who: Destiny of the Doctors -- queued up for more screenshots, low prio
- Europa Universalis III: Chronicles -- I suck at strategy games like these
- Falcon 4.0 -- got the last mod of BMS 4.32
- IBM PC / Compatible -- about a dozen, from dinosaurs to current models
- Apple MacBook -- Powerbook 165
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP
- Atari ST -- 1040ST with RTC addon.
- Sinclair QL -- addons: 3.5" floppy & internal 128/256k memory mod.
- Cell Phone -- various, latest: Nokia/Windows Phone 7