|Contribution Rating:||8611 (ranked 107th; 159 in last year)|
|Member Since||Oct 31, 1999|
|# Messages Posted:||112|
|About myself:||The first game I ever played was Bubble Bobble on my brother's Amiga 500 sometime in the late 80s probably. In 1994, I got the A500 which wasn't used anymore, my first ever computer. In 1995, I got my first PC and I started buying a lot of PC games (mostly budget releases though), since Amiga games were hardly available anymore. In 1998 or 99 I discovered Amiga emulation, and started my own website with Amiga games for download. In 1999 I also discovered Mobygames and started contributing, the database wasn't as large as it is now back then of course. In the following years, I got interested in consoles, starting with the Amiga CD32. I ran my own site dedicated to the CD32 and bought a lot of games for it on eBay. After a while, I extended my collection to other consoles as well, and generally became interested in all the video games I missed out on as a kid.|
Since games played such an important part in my life, I decided to work in the game industry as a graphic artist. I worked on several elkware and CSP-Mobile/MAXArtists mobile game titles in the years 2003 to 2005 and since 2008, I'm working for CipSoft GmbH.
All Time Favorite
- Paradroid 90 -- My absolute favorite. I commit blashpemy and disable the transaction game every time though.
- Ambermoon -- I never played through the game, but it just has such high production values and is pretty big.
- Battle Squadron -- Great old-school shmup.
- Beneath a Steel Sky -- Great story and background art. Pretty logical puzzles.
- Gradius V -- My favorite modern shmup, cool level design and bosses.
- Outcast -- Great story and graphics (for the time), what a pitty that the sequel was canceled.
- Rez -- There's no game I've played through more often than this one.
- Atari 2600 -- 6-switch and Jr.
- Atari Jaguar
- Atari Lynx
- Atari ST -- 1040 STfM
- Commodore 128
- Commodore 64
- Commodore Amiga -- 500 and 1200