|Contribution Rating:||270 (tied for 711th; 2 in last year)|
|Member Since||Apr 03, 2004|
|# Messages Posted:||106|
History: Primarily, I play side-scrollers, RPGs and the occasional FPS, 2D fighter or beat 'em up; however, I like most game genres. My early gaming years were spent playing IBM PC adventure games, various Commodore 64 titles, and the flight sims of the 80s-90s. While I loved playing the King's Quest, Space Quest, and Wing Commander series, but I also adored the excellent games on the NES, SNES, and Genesis/Sega CDX systems.
Collecting: Collecting games is a minor hobby of mine, but I only purchase titles which I have an interest in playing. While many of the older titles I possess are still well-preserved, with their box and included contents, I don't collect for the sake of monetary value or historic preservation, merely pleasure. This being the case, I am perfectly fine with purchasing the occasional title from on-line services such as GOG, PSN or Steam. You will often find me browsing the local used game/DVD shops for hidden treasures.
DRM: Generally I am not in favor of DRM, but entirely understand the want of companies to protect their hard work from pirates. (Not that it works much.) As such, I will purchase titles with minor DRM from time to time, but generally refuse to buy games with over-the-top protection schemes, such as those with the newer "internet connection required to play" titles like Silent Hunter V from Ubisoft. (Unless they can be cracked.) I use Steam, but I do wish Valve would remove the DRM from third party titles, as Steam itself is essentially DRM.
Fanboys: I find blind fanboyism and electronic "racism" to be repugnant. While I may not own a 360 or Mac, I know they have many fine qualities. (I've played both on many occasions.) That's why I don't have an "Over My Dead Body" section. Why let bias towards a system prevent you from enjoying or at least appreciating, the games and subtle nuances of another platform? Do everyone a favor and be a real gamer: Don't let system bias turn you into a jerk, or prevent you from enjoying games.
Don't forget to click "view all" on the Playlist ----------->
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 / GeForce 560 GTX / 8GB RAM
- IBM PC / Compatible -- ASUS Netbook 1015PED / Intel 3150 / 2GB (Old games on the go)
- Sony PlayStation 3 -- 160GB Slim model upgraded to 500GB
- Sony PlayStation 2 -- Slim model (Black)
- Sega Dreamcast -- White model
- Sega Saturn -- Black Model 2
- Sega Genesis -- Model 1 (VA2) & Model 2 (VA4)
Used to Have
- Apple Power Mac -- G4 733 MHz QuickSilver & G4 Dual 1.25 GHz MDD
- Atari 2600 -- "Jr" model
- Atari Lynx -- Second model
- IBM PC / Compatible -- 286 12MHz, 386 40MHz, 486 66MHz, P1 100MHz, P2 333MHz, P3 733MHz, Athlon XP 1900+, P4 2.6GHz HT, AMD64 x2 3800+
- NEC TurboGrafx-16
- Nintendo 64 -- Original black
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)