|Contribution Rating:||2063 (tied for 209th; 600 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jul 31, 2004|
|# Messages Posted:||66|
|About myself:||As a Mobygames contributor I seem to be mostly interested in the smaller shareware/freeware independent games for DOS and Windows. At one time, between 2004 and 2006, I was working on 8-bit Nintendo games, but have recently deleted my entire collection of Abandonware and ROMS. That obviously limits my contribution potential, although it seems that there is still plenty left to do working only within the confines of legal software.|
My preferred gaming platform is the Personal Computer; I've always enjoyed how it doubles as a stereo or movie machine.
RPG's & Adventure Games are my favorite genres. I enjoy epic games with a great story that do not follow the same three clichés:
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Dual Core 3.0Ghz with nVidia GTX550 Ti. Mid-range machine that does well enough.
Used to Have
- IBM PC / Compatible -- AMD 2400+ with GeForce 4 MX
- IBM PC / Compatible -- PIII, Dual CPU 1Ghz with Voodoo 4
- IBM PC / Compatible -- 486 DX50 with 4Mb RAM; DooM and lots of it.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Tandy 1000 TL/2, 2 floppy drives! Had in 1992. First gaming computer! Played Centurion, Pirates & Conquests of Camelot
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -- Meh! It was okay, but I didn't own one until 1994 when it was already irrelevant.
- Nintendo Game Boy -- Hated it. When you have to buy a lamp & magnifying glass component just to play, what you've got is a design problem.
- Sega Genesis -- Loved it; Sonic, Ghosts & Goblins, and Fatal Labyrinth.