|Contribution Rating:||737 (ranked 424th; 95 in last year)|
|Member Since||Apr 21, 2001|
|# Messages Posted:||13|
|About myself:||Computer gamer since I was 3, all the way back to 1986 with my Atari 800XL (which still works to the best of my knowledge). PC gamer since 1991, when we got our first MS-DOS/Windows 3 computer. I have over 100+ PC games, dating all the way back to the early 90's, with titles under my belt such as Lightspeed and Overlord/Supremacy; in the late 90's, Homeworld and first two Thief games. I've also had a go with titles from the '00s such as Deus Ex and TES III: Morrowind.|
I prefer older games, but I am eager to see what the 'teens bring to the PC gaming scene.
All Time Favorite
- Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood -- The best Sierra adventure game ever. On par with MI1. OH YES, I SAID IT.
- Deus Ex -- You haven't played this yet? What a shame. It was a good game, what a rotten way to blow it off.
- DOOM -- It's Doom. Episode 1 is the best group of levels ever. Ep 2, 3 & (especially) 4 are quite good too.
- DOOM³ -- The real Doom II.
- The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II - Daggerfall -- Really has a lot more depth than later Elder Scrolls releases. Awesome RPG.
- Lightspeed -- One of my first PC games I got. Still quite good.
- The Secret of Monkey Island -- The best LucasArts adventure game (and thus the best adventure game) ever.
- Thief: Deadly Shadows -- I'll get around to it someday.
- TRON 2.0 -- I still have to beat this thing at some point.
- Atari 8-bit -- Atari 800XL. Just got one again - Rescue on Fractalus, here I come, oh yes.
- Nintendo SNES -- Picked one up a year or two ago. Wasn't much into the SNES, which explains the delay!
- Sega Master System -- A surprise pickup to be honest, but it was a steal at the price.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Self-built (from scratch) Intel i7-3930K, GeForce GTX 580, Windows 7 64-bit. Primary system.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Self-built (from scratch) Intel QX9650, GeForce GTX 570, Windows 8.1 64-bit. HTPC.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- HP xw6400 workstation I got for free. Double Intel E5345's, Windows 10 64-bit. Secondary system.
Used to Have
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -- Model #1 (1980s version). Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
- Atari Lynx -- Slightly damage in form of wrecked wall connector but still operational. Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
- Sega Genesis -- Model #3 (latter-day Genesis configuration). Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
- ColecoVision -- Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
Over my Dead Body
- Sony PlayStation -- Counts for PS1, PS2, PS3 and all future systems. Frag Sony.
- Apple iMac -- Also includes all Apple hardware if I can avoid it. Arrogant pinheads.
- Apple iPhone -- BLURGUUGUGDFGH HATE
- Apple iPod -- Baby why do have to make me hit you.