|Contribution Rating:||241 (tied for 792nd; 3 in last year)|
|Member Since||Nov 14, 2006|
|# Messages Posted:||7|
|About myself:||I love games. Simply. The way they provide a unique way to experience a story is something movies, books and other mediums can only dream about. My favourite games aren't the most popular ones and I don't always go along the mainstream, nor do I like all the indie games either, many of the classics other consider defining games of the 90's mean little to me Star Control 2 was ok, I never got to play Master of Orion (bought it from GOG though, so I'll give it a try) etc.|
For me, the 90's provided the best games I can think of and one game company stands above others.Looking Glass Studios made most of my favourite games so far, Thief series, System Shock series, Terra Nova are all brilliant productions. Good second (or even shared first place) goes to Black Isle for their Fallout series and the awesome Planescape: Torment. Other games are many of the classic Lucas Arts adventures, Archimedean Dynasty from Massive Development among others strike the awesome chord for me.
All Time Favorite
- Command & Conquer: The First Decade -- Great series all-in-one. Founder of RTS genre. (Dune 2 was less popular)
- The Curse of Monkey Island (Includes Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge) -- Incredible humor, great graphics, music rocks. One of the good old adventure games.
- Fallout 2 -- Huge map, different endings, wide character development, dark humor, references to pop culture. What more do you need?
- Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis -- Buggy, but the most intensive combat experience I've had. Gets better with mods and co-op play.
- Psychonauts -- Difficult controls (in Windows), but all-in-all great graphics, acting, brilliant level-design and atmosphere.
- System Shock -- Old game with great 3D engine and intensive gameplay. Good puzzles and scary atmosphere.
- System Shock 2 -- Great sequel to System Shock. Many things were watered, but atmosphere was still there. Good work.
- Brink -- Seems like a nice team-shooter.
- Duke Nukem Forever (Balls of Steel Edition) -- The beginning is really lame, but it gets slightly better afterwards. Somewhat of a disappointment though.
- Fallout 3 -- I'm putting too much emphasis on the mods and now it crashes all the time. :(
- Thief: The Dark Project -- Series like no other.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- A nice game, although doesn't quite stand up to first in the series.
- Portal 2 -- Nice, real nice. Although bit boring initially, it gets much better.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- i7 920, 6GB DDR3, ATI Radeon 5850 1GB
- IBM PC / Compatible -- ACER TravelMate 5720, Core 2 Duo T7100/1,8GHz, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon 2500X
- 3DO -- 5
- Nintendo 64 -- Two BROKEN controllers.. (wasn't originally mine) and one working controller.
- Nintendo DS Lite -- Jet Black and nice blue protective case
- Nintendo SNES -- The normal with 2 original controllers
- Sony PlayStation -- The old and original, 2 Controllers, PS1 Memory card
Used to Have
- Commodore 64 -- I think I had one of these.. not sure. I was like 5 when I had it.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Ati Radeon 9700 non-pro, 1,5GB DDR-RAM 600GB HD + Logitech 3D Force Feedback Joystick + Joytech pad
- Sega Master System -- Won it from some competition... gave it away. Worst act ever.
Over my Dead Body
- Apple iMac -- Ewgh.. had one at work. Can't stand its clumsiness.