|Contribution Rating:||217 (tied for 835th; 1 in last year)|
|Member Since||Dec 13, 2006|
|# Messages Posted:||none|
|Location:||Orange, United States|
|About myself:||As you can see, I am a sports gamer. My favorite sport being basketball so I play a lot of basketball games. Although the majority of the games I play belong to the sports genre, I also play quite a few other none-sports games. After sports, other genres that I like are action, adventure, racing, strategy, and role-playing. Basically, beside the sports games, I will play any game that I find interesting.|
I am as much a classic gamer as a modern one. I play games that were made from way back in the 80's such as Pac-Man to games that are made today such as Madden NFL 07. I find the old games just as much fun as the new games. In fact, some of my all-time favorites are from the 16-bit gaming era. Many of the games made from that period are absolutely amazing. They are simple but those games can be just as captivating as the best games for today. Some of today's games may look gorgeous, sound fantastic, and have tons of features but a lot of them are just not fun to play or fail to connect with the player. That isn't to say that old games are better. Good games will always stay good no matter how old it is, and bad games will always stay bad. It just seems like with the technology that we have today, many game developers focus too heavily on the graphics as well as adding too much useless features, options, and extras that they forget about the most important thing in a game-the fun factor. Games are meant to be entertaining. A game can have the best graphics, music, features, etc. But if a gamer turns it off after playing it for ten minutes then it's failed. To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me what genre or how old a game is. It's a good game as long as I can play it and have a good time.
All Time Favorite
- NBA Live 95 -- This game is a classic.
- NBA Live 96 -- The sequel to NBA Live '95 and perhaps the best basketball game for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
- NHL '94 -- Classic hockey game.
- FIFA Soccer 07 -- Great soccer game. This game is fun to play.
- NBA Live 2005 -- Good basketball game. Currently in my 5th season in Dynasty mode.
- Microsoft Xbox -- Awesome system. Great graphics for its time.
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance -- Great portable system. Lots of games are made for it and it's backward compatible with Game Boy, Game Boy Color games.
- Nintendo GameCube -- Great system to own.
- Nintendo SNES -- This one is a classic. One of the greatest consoles ever made.
- Sony PlayStation 2 -- Great system. Tons of great games.
- Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) -- Nice little handheld system.
Used to Have
- Nintendo 64 -- I sold it. Not many good sports games were made for it.
- Sega Dreamcast -- Sold. The NBA 2K and NFL 2K series are great but that's about it for sports.