|Contribution Rating:||19 (tied for 3690th; 18 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jul 06, 2007|
|# Messages Posted:||2|
I'm interested in a wide range of subjects, but have trouble doing any of them real justice.
In terms of gaming, I like puzzles and strategy games that are open sandpits that avoid repetition (is there such a game?). Most of all, I like original concepts, and tire easily of commercial releases that don't offer much new. I don't buy many games.
Professionally, I design (mostly database and process) solutions, documentation and knowledge management, and specialise in graphics technology.
I have an interest in fundamental philosophy (not the spiritual type, but the mathematical and physical type), and have published papers in the area. This I consider to be one of our most important puzzles.
Used to Have
- Atari 8-bit -- Atari 400 + GTIA + 24KB + Tape
- Amstrad CPC -- Base colour CPC464, expanded over the years to a CPC6128 spec.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- First was a i486/50 (not 'doubled'; 50MHz bus) with 32MB RAM and 60MB HD.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- P4 3GHz Prescott + 2G RAM + nVidia 6800GS
- Apple Power Mac -- PowerMac 3.1 G4 400MHz
Plan on Getting
- Apple Power Mac -- Mac Mini