Moby ID: 1557
Overview edit · view history
Rogue Entertainment was a development studio active in the late 1990s and housed in the same office building as id Software. All of their titles used id Software game engines and they also created two expansions for games in the Quake series. Their own games Strife (1996) and American McGee's Alice (2000) were well-received and praised for their originality. The company was shut down in 2001 and many of the members moved on to Nerve Software.
Credited on 6 Games from 1996 to 2023
|Quake II (2023 on Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One...)|
|The Original Strife: Veteran Edition (2014 on Windows, Nintendo Switch, Linux...)|
|American McGee's Alice (2000 on Windows, Macintosh, Xbox 360...)|
|Quake II: Colossus (1999 on Linux)|
|Quake: The Offering (1998 on Linux, DOS, Windows)|
|Strife (1996 on DOS)|
Company closed, many of the members move on to Nerve Software.
Unfortunately, Rogue Entertainment shut down in 2001 shortly after Valve forced them to stop working on Counter Strike: Condition Zero, and moved it to Gearbox.
Related Web Sites +
- 7 games with id Software, Inc.
- 4 games with Valve Corporation
- 2 games with Activision Publishing, Inc.
- 2 games with Activision Blizzard UK Ltd.
- 2 games with Macmillan Digital Publishing USA
- 2 games with Bethesda Softworks LLC
- 2 games with Nightdive Studios, LLC
- 2 games with Xatrix Entertainment, Inc.
- 1 game with Ritual Entertainment
- 1 game with Velocity Inc.