Algoritam MK d.o.o.
Moby ID: 19947
- Algoritam-Profil-Mozaik d.o.o. (from 2014-04 to 2016-05)
- Algoritam d.o.o. (from 1990 to 2014-04)
Overview edit · view history
Algoritam d.o.o. was a Croatian chain of bookstores and publisher founded in 1990. It was noted for its translations of books, as well as localizations of video game boxes and manuals starting from early 1999 with the likes of SimCity 3000, with both businesses peaking in the early to mid-2000s.
Algoritam's relations with video game publishers enabled them to release games simultaneously with other European countries and even hold midnight launch events, as was for example the case with World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade.
In the middle of a difficult economic period in Croatia, the company was bought by the multimedia bookstore chain Profil-Mozaik in April 2014, forming a short-lived company called Algoritam-Profil-Mozaik with a network of about 45 stores country-wide. Profil left the joint company in mid-May 2016, leaving the remaining company with the name Algoritam MK.
The company entered a pre-bankruptcy phase in May 2015, and finally closed in May 2017 after accumulating a large amount of debt. Many of its bookstores were purchased by existing or emerging companies such as Hoću knjigu.
Credited on 36 Games from 1999 to 2010
Displaying most recent · View all
[ view all ]
- 19 games with Electronic Arts, Inc.
- 16 games with Epic Games Tools LLC
- 9 games with TiVo Corporation
- 9 games with Sony DADC Europe GmbH
- 7 games with GameSpy Industries Inc.
- 7 games with Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- 7 games with Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- 7 games with EA Games
- 5 games with Ripple Effect Studios
- 4 games with Westwood Studios, Inc.